Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teetering on the edge of the bed....

Ever wonder how a four year old can amazingly sleep on the edge of the bed closest to the nightlight, with half his body hanging off and doesn't fall? Kevin does, and I haven't figured it out. LOL

Grace's room is now done, I went on a 3 hr hunt yesterday to find the molds to start the candies I so desperately wanted to start yesterday to discover we had put them above the closet in our bedroom in the cubbies that I can't reach without a 6ft ladder. We found them when David got home.

Sadly enough the storm with straight line winds took out three of our lovely sunflowers, they didn't even have the flower but were taller than the field corn. They almost look like trees, I was so proud of those beauties. :0( But hopefully the one's that were saved will give us enough seeds to do them again next year.

Again the wind took down another 5 gallon bucket of apples yesterday. So we did our first batch of applesauce, soooo coming soon to a home near you, you'll prolly get some. We put no preservatives in it, so it has to be eaten quickly. But it was oh so yummy. Yummy enough Grace came downstairs to say she smelled something OOOOHHHH SOOO DELICIOUS....she could not sleep. LOL (Grace and food *shaking my head*)

My BFF Tera is now a published author and I'm sooo happy about that. She received a request to edit some parts of her story and then a contract. It'll be available online at first, but if things go well it may go to print. So I'll keep you all posted. This is exciting news for all of us, she's be striving to do this for a while, and I am soooo happy for her! Congrats Tera! She edits books on the side, so to publish your own instead of getting others published, is awesome stuff! She is also headed for an MRI today for her knee which has caused her some severe pain for a while. So prayers and lots of luck, that it's only some simple cartilage that needs to be removed. I know my fingers are crossed.

Today is going to be one of those days that I stay in town most of it. It's Wednesday, so the kids and I will go to lunch with Daddy, since the past two days they've been BEGGING...then off to bug Grandma if she's home. Grandma Phillis that is. :0) I can buff her window sill that I've been desperately wanting to finish since I started the project about two and half weeks ago. It's pretty much done except for a few areas that need to be buffed. To fill you in, instead of repainting it in her dining room, David and I decided to refinish it...It is beautiful wood. So I redid it to go with her furniture in her dining room. :0)

Yeah I have lots more apples to prepare, and David and I are setting out to find a ladder that is going to help us in the journey of picking more to prepare. I'd get a 15' ladder although I don't know where I'd strap it to. Especially to get it home. Sad, but true. It would be so blantanly obvious that I drove the truck in town today. Wanted it to be a surprise....oooh I have an idea.

Tomorrow is the big day to go to South Bend and then the beach in Michigan if the weather is fair....SO I hope all is still okay with the plan!

Grace's room is now done, but will be added as the time goes on. David suggested that things be added slowly. He's enjoying it, he's already come up with ideas. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. TY! And don't forget, yer meeting after I'm done. =P I'm so not looking forward to this today. But hopefully it's something that can be "fixed" easily. And I'm working on like three more stories!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!