Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Recent Discoveries....

***Chocolate Syrup has red dye #40....so if you want to give Chocolate Milk to the kevinator, it has to be the powdered kind, that you MIX!!!!! Make it yourself if need be approx 1 1/2 tsp of cocoa to 4 oz of milk, 45 seconds in microwave and a tsp of splenda or sugar, and presto! He's got his chocolate milk, without the crazies!

***Did you know...Anaphylaxis can happen to anyone. And some reasons cannot be identified? Well David has a co-worker who has NEVER called in sick, he had IDENTICAL symptoms of mine, and he literally thought he was having a heart attack, he called off on Monday and drove himself to the ER to find out he was perfectly healthy except for the termite infested wood that he had been burning.

Symptoms:If you're extremely sensitive, you might break out in hives and your eyes or lips might swell severely. The inside of your throat might swell as well, even to the point of causing difficulty breathing and shock. Your blood pressure drops, and your internal organs can be affected. Dizziness, mental confusion, abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea also may accompany anaphylaxis.


David and I weren't buying the theory that all the sudden out of nowhere, after working out and taking care of myself for five years, and being so in tune with everything that just all the sudden there is a heart condition...didn't make sensee. I have NEVER had a glitch on the heart radar...but ANYTHING IS possible.
The common things between Jeff and I...we've been burning the stumps out front and a tree that had fallen down, and to Phillis's keen sense of telling me..I am doing WAY TOO MUCH pointed out that at Salem they ripped out a wall, I refinished the wood in her window sill...and was exposed to all those breathing elements also, then to burn this wood and such at home, set something off. I came home and took a benedryl...and I'll be derned if I don't feel 1000% better this a.m. than I have.

After all I'm blogging before I even take Grace to school! Imagine that. Okay, so here's the kicker...my insurance starts September 1st but I'm going to stay away from the gym until then, and anytime I feel the symptoms flare up, I'll have my benedryl with me, and take a nap. :0) If it worked last night, I can only hope that this is what it has been all along. We've been burning these stumps for a week and a half, and for the most part I have been exposed to the smoldering smoke and it's infiltrated the house on a few occassions.... I have allergies I'm not even aware of half the time, so I live with a bottle of zyrtec and a supply of claritin and benedryl everywhere I go. Since I turned 28, I've never known what I'd run into. LOLOL

Off too school...more later! TOODLES!!!!!!!!

PS...Grace's class study trip was canceled due to a bus reservation not getting to their office, so it will be scheduled in the next few weeks. :0( So today for her will be boring.....at least she says so. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!