Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monday Blues....

As the story goes...Monday morning I started out great, then took Grace to school, and once again went to the gym to experience another GLITCH that lasted thirty seconds. My left arm hurt and I had another head ache. I finished one mile and 1/2 and that was it, at a slow pace.

So the story goes, Tera did INTERVENTION and called my husband. She took off the afternoon and drug my butt to the doctor, so I couldn't come up with an excuse. Arnett Urgent Care wouldn't take a look, they wanted to call me an ambulance and send me to the ER....then we tried the FREE clinic downtown...and unfortunately...if you don't have medicaid or some kind of government issued money, they don't take new patients, so they turned me away. (They had plenty of mexican-americans in the waiting room, but they can't take me because I don't have guaranteed government funds. It's so sad.

So I wound up finally after a phone call to my very upset father, dragging my butt down to the ER...I did not mention the heart, I mentioned everything else, they cked for mono, pregnancy (although THERE's NO WAY that would be a possibility) I have a daughter and a son, that's enough, they even checked cholesterol, and checked my thyroid. I'm healthy as a horse. So the Dr. at the ER, gave me a pamphlet for Unexplained weakness, and if I have any more stroke/heart attack symptoms come back. At least that's what the paper said. Phillis , Tera and Myles, and my sister Emily, and mom and dad were all heros in rearing my children while I was away. I had to do alot less yelling on Sunday and Monday than I have in awhile.

Grace has not grasped the concept that the more stress I have on the heart it's not good. She's been freaking out once in a while crying and saying I'm going to die. And I keep telling her that if she does what she's told and doesn't make me yell, that my heart may be just fine. LOLOLOL...I just want to see if this will work. :0) Is that so bad? Okay yeah, but guilt sometimes is the best thing for people you can't get through to. Worst part is now I feel bad for ever calling my mom lazy all those years I didn't understand her Grave's disease, and being such a pain in the butt for my dad, making his heart try to fail him, because I was so stubborn. Oh the joys of still growing up. Realizing just how much of a donkey's behind I was has been a sobering experience. I realize now my own children will not get the same luxury until THEY ARE MUCH OLDER...as all kids/adults do. LOL Man...I have to wait THAT LONG! LOL

Grace's father actually texted me while I was in the ER, to ask me if I was dead yet? You wonder if that man will ever grow up. I still don't think so.

David and I went to Tera's to pick up Kevin. Kevin was having a stick fight/grill tong fight with "Uncle Myles" and it was very enjoyable to watch. Although the nap in the ER for me did nothing for the headache or the three ibuprofren. We went to go get Grace, and after yet another stern talking to by my father, I called my aunt Pam. She shuts down nursing homes all over the US for malpractice...so she had to study to pretty much be an MD, and was an RN for years....so I feel okay talking with her. He's already discussed the issues with her, but questions she needed answered had to be done by me.

The verdict, until I get insurance and get into a general practioner who can order an EKG then send me to a cardiologist...I'm RESTRICTED from stepping foot in the gym, so today I schedule medical leave and put my membership on hold. It's sad enough that I didn't put it on leave for the past two months. But I'm not going to pay for it and not be able to use it, no way. And I'll eventually be in rehab and be fatter than I have in 6 yrs, by the time this is all done, I just have a feeling. This makes me sad.

David had officer drama and got pulled over on the way home. While I was driving on the Interstate going 60 behind a semi, he decided that maybe I'd be more comfortable following him, so he pulled around me, then tried to call to ask how fast he was going. But of course I was on the cell with Aunt Pam. So he sped up to 75mph...which the limit is 70, saw a cop in the meridian pulled over behind the semi, then we got a little ways up, the semi had slowed so he started to go around, I stayed behind the semi and guess what, the officer pulled him over, I went about 1/2 mile up put my flashers on and pulled over. The officer tried to convince him he was going like 85 or 86...and he said I know for a fact officer I was going about a mile under or over 75, but not 85 or 86. He said I was trying to call my wife to verify who is up there waiting on me. David got a warning ticket to get his speedo fixed, because the cop didn't have a leg to stand on, DAVID HAD A WITNESS...he couldn't meet his quota with my husband, there was no way! Well the officer did make mention that he could give him a ticket for going 75 mph...but he just needed to get his speedo fixed...*rolling my eyes*... I started to get the chills and feel nauseated to the point that it was not going to be good, so I got back on the interstate and drove away david was 5 minutes behind me.

So needless to say by 1030 it was lights out for everyone...and that was the end of the day. Thank goodness. Hopefully the rest of today will be better! :0)

1 comment:

  1. It all makes sense... except...

    .......the ER...I did not mention the heart, I mentioned everything else, th.......

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!