Monday, August 4, 2008

One week from now will be David's Birthday!

David will be 49 on Monday of next week! He's just left for work and I already miss him, but I woke up with bells on this morning. There is definitely something about going to bed at 10...and being asleep by 10:45 that is awesome. I read him a few chapters from a book I bought Tera as a gift last year, and she has not had time to read, so guess what, I'm reading it! I'll give it back when I'm done.

It's amazing how the simple things in life can put a smile on your face, but I snuggled with him for 10 minutes or so, just to be sure he was smiling when he left and so was I. I love that man.
So now it's to plan for his birthday. Saturday is taken, Nikki is meeting us for lunch on Saturday at 130 at Nine Irish Brothers. We will not have the kids until the following weekend. :0( Then it comes to pass that David will have to work until 8 p.m. on his actual birthday. :0( Which makes me a displeased woman also. Saturday evening we will be attending a dinner with Tera and Myles then heading to Cox's and anyone who would like to join is welcome. Dinner we are not sure where it will be just yet. But although they mentioned that dinner at The Hour Time sounded like good repayment for all the work at Salem, David keeps mentioning eating prime rib at the hole in the wall Parkside Deli, which you'll hear no complaints from me. That place is fantabulous and more our style! Low Key and you can have a cold beer with your dinner. The air conditioning in the place last time we were there, couldn't even keep up, but yeah that's David and I. LOL

The kids are not up yet, so I'm basking in the glory of having peace for at least an hour or so before they do, so I sit down to the laptop to pay bills, and ck on the world, then babble on my blog so everyone is up to date.

I already know that we are having beef chuck roast for dinner...cuz well I had to go pull it out of the freezer to thaw. LOL Oh and Granny Smith has blessed us, and we have a bushel of beautiful huge Granny Smith's I have to figure out what I'm doing with today also. I'm going to be doing some painting and reorganizing in Grace's room this week, but Thursday we will be making a trip to South Bend to see my sister emily and her new house, and go to Michigan to hang at St Joe Lake's beach. She's stoked about that and so am I.

Wish me luck on the following day, and if there are any suggestions on anyone else on what they want to do to celebrate David's bday, let me know. The kids and I will be planning festivities for the following week, because we have no option there, and Monday just won't be feasible.

Wishing you all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!