Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy Mom's Brain Commits Suicide....

Guilt sticken and lost....mom turns to men in white coats. LOL...this is a twitter I posted yesterday. I thought I was doing really good seriously. But alas, I was not. Where do I start, I got up yesterday got everyone ready. David has been so good about things even though I feel like an absolute failure.

I ended up coming home to tearing the house apart looking for supplies that I had gotten a few weeks ago to finish up Tera's bridal shower stuff, to no avail, I did not find it. That was the first disappointment. During this rampage, I cried, did all the laundry, and cried some more. David called on lunch, and after I got off the phone and my phone was going dead, I plugged it in, only to get a voicemail a few minutes later. It was the school. It was a half day. And I didn't remember it, Gracie didn't remind me, and wham! I'm racing across country to pick up the frantic little eight year old! I felt like an absolute heel. It makes me feel bad to not be functioning like I used to. And it is driving me INSANE!!!!

So needless to say I try to make it up by getting her a banana split, kevin a shake, and David something to drink from Sonic, from 2-4 it's half off or something like that, but for $7 you can't go wrong for what they got. I stopped by Honda to tell him all the crazy stuff that I did. :0(

As it goes, Grace's attitude has been fowl ever since I got her back from her dad, and she's about made me have a coronary two days in a row. Gar, I just don't know how to get her past it. Kevin got into an aggressive streak the past few days, where he likes to hit things with other things, and run and bump into you and hit you. :0( This is disheartening, because before he went to Denise's I had him pretty calm. I hope this is just a phase.

I managed to make a tater tot casserole, that I had no complaints from Kev other than it was too hot to eat, then once it was cool, he did not say a word, he kept shoveling it in!!!! It took him 15 minutes to eat instead of an hour!!! LOL...The kids didn't know that it had zuchinni in it, they just kept shoveling. LOLOLOL So don't worry, they got their green food too, just didn't know it. I love being sneaky like that.

The score today is that I am sluggish and very tired. My brain is somewhat foggy...and I think I overdid it yesterday with the rampage of the house and the work in the kitchen, and the fast and furious drive to the school. :0( So I have to take it easy today.

I did get my stuff from the clinic in Maine today along with the book on the things I need to be doing, glad I've already got part of them covered. No coffee for me today either, I have to cut it out. Caffeine is what has been saving me, but it's only to keep me awake, you can be awake and not AWARE. David and I are hoping that the stuff from the clinic may improve all the other stuff. Like memory loss and what not. For the most part my long term has been fine, it's the short term that's really shot. :0( But what do you do, it started fading when I became a mother. There seems there is no hope for sanity at that point. LOLOLOL

Off I go to do a list of things ( I mean rest), you know me, I can't sit still. Even though I try to put forth a major effort to try (sometimes) *wink*wink*.

I can't wait for the weekend to get here. I will be able to relax with the kids and such, it'll be exciting. David and I and Josh and Emily and the kids, the beach, the hot tub, the relaxation will be well needed. It seems it has been way too long since the honeymoon already. LOL

Hope life is finding everyone else well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!