Friday, August 15, 2008

Forgetting Ms. Grace....

I didn't forget her but I was late getting there. The confusion thing and fatigue has been getting worse. For the past week I've been going to the gym everyday with the exception of Monday. It has been good so far.

I lost 3 lbs...but I think I have may found a problem we were not expecting. During my trips to the gym I noticed a few times (each time on different machines) that my heart rate dropped from 120 to 60 in seconds...a warm fuzzy feeling would come over me when the heart rate would creep back up then I would feel untimately tired and yawn and whatnot. When doing cardiovascular exercise your heart rate increases and continues until you slow down. This is not good.

Well I started looking up hypotension which is low heart rate, this causes symptoms such as confusion and fatigue...then I remembered My mother, she has diagnosed hyperthyroidism that was diagnosed about the time she turned 30, severe mood swings, slept all the time, severe fatigue, and many other symptoms...of course she let it go, and was not diagnosed until her eyes started bulging and she got a rash and got to the point where it could have killed her.

Due to price shopping on insurance and David and I's negligence we didn't ask about health insurance as soon as we got married, and guess what? Open enrollment had to be completed in June, or deadline 30 days after marriage, so we don't have insurance at this time on me. The kids and David are insured. So yeah I'm not happy about this. Symptoms wise I have more characteristics of hypothyroidism than I do hyperthyroidism. But luckily I came across something. And David said to go ahead with it, because it is our only option until we get insurance to get me tested and diagnosed.

There is a clinic in Maine that deals with over 100,000 patients naturally for thyroid function. They support thyroid function, and have phone consultations and support and you can even visit the clinic to work with the M.D.'s one on one. I took the lengthy survey and my symptoms are severe, obviously this week I have degraded to practically a vegetable...this afternoon being a perfect example. After the incident at the gym where the heart rate fell and stayed there for two minutes, I quit, with only one mile in, I was on the treadmill for 18 minutes at most. I was soo tired my whole body ached, and I had a mini break down in the locker room.

After lunch with David I went back to Phillis's so Kevin could get his nap in. He laid down to sleep, and I immediately laid on the couch in the family room, and passed out, i woke up a few times to a few text messages and when Phillis left to go on an errand, but I don't remember anything until I woke up at 3:15, and had 15 minutes to get to the school, I made it in 30, but that was not good for me.

Grace wouldn't talk to me on the way home until I bribed her with DQ...I fibbed to her and told her I was sick and throwing up...the throwing up part is a no go, but the nausea is real, and the tiredness is real...I feel horrible.

The clinic in Maine has treated women with both hypo and hyper and eliminated all prescription medication , some to the point where the patients are at least on the lowest dosage. Fingers crossed this is what I need and nothing more. Wish us luck.

I knew it was coming, because it's genetic...I just didn't know when. Why it had to be now I don't know. But I had gotten away from all the healhty living I had been doing for years, in the past few months, and it came around to bite me in the butt. Little did I know all the things I was doing to just be healhty in general was keeping my thyroid problems at bay. LOL It's going to take a while to get back to normal, but I'm going to do my best.

So I ask to please be patient....my confusion is just part of it, but I don't like this, and I WON'T BE THIS WAY FOR LONG...my children and David need me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!