Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sprinklers Rock....

So I received Grace back today at approx 330 p.m. She was psyched to be home.

I was at Tera and Myles yesterday painting their purple bathroom, yet another purple in my life erradicated! (No I don't know how to spell the word, but purple is gone and you get what I mean) ROCK ON!!!! DRUMROLL PLEASE!!! Although it did not come without consequence of me putting my foot thru the lid of a five gallon bucket, covering my new balance workout shoe in paint, and filling my sock, spraining my ankle, her taking pictures and laughing at me, then half hour later, the words that you don't want to hear spewing from Tera's mouth after a big crash....to find she'd spilled a half gallon of white paint in her carpet in her office that she is trying to finish....yeah I guess she shouldn't had laughed at me. LOL

So I made up a poem last night when the guys got back from Salem. Cuz they ran into every project with an issue with electrical over there yesterday too. But my poem was...foot in a bucket, carpet full of paint, two rooms painted, and wine is our saint. LOL We relaxed after a long day with a beer for the guys, a glass of wine for Tera and I, and Kevin inside watching the fantastic four, Steak and Au Gratin potatoes...Yeah you can guess it was nice to chill for the evening, after all we've all been working until 10-11 p.m. for two weeks.

So Grace was received today with a bunch of clothes, a minnow in a folger's plastic coffee container, and all kinds of stories to tell. She is now the Kayak queen and she was an infomercial yesterday when she called telling me her uncle Eric was willing to sell the child sized kayak to me for $200...that's a negatory ghostwriter. Even her dad said no. 1...it's the end of the season, and 2...we have yet to be the water this year other than David and I's honeymoon. We haven't even gotten the kids to water this year other than the pool in the yard, that we deflated while Grace was gone.

Once again, I went grocery shopping, and shoe shopping for the family, Kevin's toes are hanging over then ends of all his sandals, David has no tread left on the bottom of his lovely work shoes, and I have to have shoes for the dress for Tera's wedding, that is a foot too long...so not only do I have to alter the dress, but wear some comfy 4" underneath it. LOL No complaintes there. And Grace needs gym shoes for school.

So why do sprinkler's rock...cuz the kids are out playing in it.
Kevin thanked Grace on the way home for fixing his wagon while he was gone, then by the time he got back, she'd left for her trip so literally the kids haven't seen each other in two weeks. But he told her, oh thank you grace, you will be my sister forever. That one is priceless.

And now I have to go spank some kids, cuz they are seeing who's going to get in trouble first, by running into the garage dripping yet to tell on each other for touching mom's copper sprinkler GARRR......paint sticks hurt when your bottom is all wet. LOLOLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!