Thursday, September 25, 2008

Plumbing fiascos....

Well let's see today is Thursday right? I'm pretty sure I think that's what day it is. Who knows? Well we have not managed to get any drywall up yet or the surround around the tub, I think they are going to try to do that tonight.

Plumbing was some sort of an issue. Now Myles and David are not novices at this stuff by any means. But like all projects nothing goes as planned. The pipes would fit together for the tub, and had Myles in fits. Then the night before last David and Myles took turns soldering the pipes for the tube TWICE, removing and reinstalling...then removing and taking them out to the garage to do it so they wouldn't burn the house down. LOLOLOL Yeah when I went to check on them I asked how it was going and David was wrenching a pipe in, Myles had started to explain then all the sudden the pipe fell through the hole into the basement and ting ting ting...Myles just looked at me and said, "That's how our whole night has been." LOLOL

So needless to say I have a tub, that we have to clean debris out of from construction every night so we can use it in the morning. And a toilet. But still no walls. David did electrical last night, he got soooo frustrated because they were installing a vent but the hole that was cut wasn't big enough, so he just started hacking at the ceiling. LOLOL...I laugh, but it wasn't all that funny because he was WAYYY TOOO frustrated. He literally has had no luck with putting this bathroom back together. One piece at a time. Each project has become a fiasco in one way or another. Tonight is a little more electrical and I do believe they are starting on the drywall...at least for the ceiling. So they can throw their backs out before the weekend. I'm still clueless as to why the false wall behind the tub has not been studded out yet. Yeah the width of the bathroom is 5'8" which leaves a gracious 8" behind the tub, that we have to fill. I was thinking a really skinny shelf would work out beautifully...But what do I know? :0(

Ohhhh.the woes...
The kids have done fairly well with the whole matter. They really enjoy seeing uncle Myles here. And to see us all working together, I hope it instills teamwork, and ummm..good Work Ethics later. :0) *fingers are crossed* Although last night all the little complaints and arguments I had from them to do the requested chores that they were supposed to do, I did prewarn them would "Scare Uncle Myles into not having children so they can play with them." LOLOLOLOL

I really can't say I have done much, There's only enough for two in the bathroom with all the lights and materials sitting around. It's really cramped with three, but I do work when they aren't in the bathroom. Last night I started doing dishes and such, but I'm home today, trying to catch up on life, because well it's gotten ahead of us, and we're still stuck in the bathroom. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!