Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You have to say the magic word...

Well as it goes the holiday has came and went. Exciting stuff to come.
I'm anxiously at home preparing for the upcoming bridal shower this weekend.
It's an exciting time, my BFF is getting married, FINALLY! To make up for all the crap I've put her through I get to do the most wonderful thing for her, have her bridal shower, which I am stoked about. Not at my house but at hers. None the less, it's all the more exciting. :0)

So as most holidays go, it was a great one. The kids got to bicker and argue and fight ALOT. And mom as usual was unprepared when Aunt T came to pick us up. I had everyone packed up but me! ho hum...then David was like, you packed a lot of stuff, yours would have fit in my suitcase. LOLOL But as most mothers do, you always pack extra "Just IN Case". You just have to, you have no choice.

It was a pleasant weekend, Tera and I dropped the kids off with Emily, Josh, and Brian, then we went to the dress fitting, only to excitedly report, the DRESS zipped UP!!!! Then for Tera to ask to have them let it out 1/2" on both sides, so she can eat on the delicious food, we are going to force down her throat at every weekend event, for the next 38 days until the wedding. LOLOLOL But it zipped, and I'm so proud of her!

Me on the other hand, I am yet bummed about my weight. I've kept myself down to at least 148 for a few years and got down to 132 last year, so this year...yeah well..I'm not happy about it. I mean 158 is just too much in my book, although I'm down to 152, I just want it to go away again. Without the gym this makes it twice as hard. Ho hum...I am sad about this.

We took the children to the beach where they enjoyed it tremendously. Emily took her camera, but until she posts the pics, I can't steal them from her, so it may be awhile...but I'll get them to everyone. Uncle Josh has found a new buddy...I've NEVER in my wildest dreams figure that Kevin and him would hit it off so well, but that little man was screaming and laughing in delight as soon as Uncle Josh showed him Demolition Derby on his computer. OMGosh! What a thrill.
Little did mommy do to pack any toys for the boy other than what was in the truck from the travel trips and his preschool stuff. :0( So yeah Bad Mommy for being over packed and too underprepared. But the kids had fun none the less.

Sunburns yes, we all got some sun. Mine was stupid me not sharing the love on both sides, so my bottom half on the backside was a little to overdone, my thighs look like christmas hams right now. David of course..tanned all over except for his ankles and his white feet. Man wears socks all the time, otherwise he looks like he walked away from the bahamas after a week. Garrr...I'm jealous. LOLOL Kevin...same thing. It's just sick, I think the only pink place was his cheeks and his ears. Blah..>Grace...fried of course. And well Josh...Same thing. Poor guy, looks like an atomic fireball. And Emily, she was a tad, but like mine, it faded and goldened. :0) We spent 5 hours at the beach and got there early to get a good spot. And lots of COLLLDDDD water in the beginning. LOL

Emily even lucked out by getting Josh in, I don't know how LUCKY you would call it. She dropped her ring, got her foot on it, and Josh dove for the $$$$. LOL...yeah, he mentioned it was a way dirty trick to get him wet. But none the less, it got me a good laugh. Tee heee hee.

We survived the trip back, with the exception of the children bickering, grace putting body parts on Kevin's seat and Kevin putting body parts right back on her. GRRRRR.....this disrupted in a flip flop slapping Grace, Emily taking it away from Kevin, Grace arguing with David, and Mom who was pleasantly napping in the back a wake up call to giving Grace a smack on the back of the head for arguing. Just a nudge. To let her know I was still back there listening. *rolling my eyes* It never stops.

We made it home that night to have a few margaritas and brave the hot tub. With sun burns it didn't sound like such a great idea, but all in all, we found that it took the heat out of most of our sun burns. Stung for the first few seconds, but after that, presto chango...no more burn, it actually felt cool. Hot tubs + Sunburn= Pleasantly recovering. :0) The first night we tried to do margaritas and that didn't hit me very well. Made my stomach burn. So I gave up. Second night wasn't so bad.

Believe it or not I think I am pretty close to recovered, the day at the beach wore me out, and the trip home yesterday evening I could have done without. LOLOLOL But all in all I'm doing a thousand times better.

The trip home....Grace hasn't figured out that no matter how much you eat, no matter how much you complain and we've known what you've eaten and when, that restaurants sometimes just don't pop up out of nowhere. LOL So we made her wait until she was absolutely quiet with the exception of a few moans until we got to Monticello and went to Arni's. 15 minutes before this her and Kevin and begun the arguing and fighting again, which resulted in, her telling him he had to say pretty please for something, then when she THOUGHT we would be stopping somewhere trying to get him to put on his flip flops. Smart little devil he is, turns it around and tells her to say pretty please, and her stubborn behind wouldn't say it which resulted in him throwing one flip flop, that was MIA somewhere in the car. Which finally got her to say, Pretty Please....but then he said , "No you have to say pretty please wif cherry on top." LOLOLOLOL One day she will get that everything she teaches him is coming back to bite her in the rear.

For now I have to go... I have tons to do..and it's halfway through my exciting day already.
I'll have much more to blog about later. Hope the weekend was loads of fun for everyone else too! Lots of Love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!