Thursday, March 12, 2009

Four Slice Toaster....

Can you believe it? Grace has discovered we got a new toaster! One of my precious valentine's day gifts for the family! No more using that $10 2 slice toaster I've had for 15 yrs that I bought at OSCO's. LOL So my fine cuisinart toaster has been used for the first time since I have gotten it. Apparently Grace was not aware that you can toast only 2 pieces at a time if you want to... I discovered this yesterday when I went to go get a piece of bread. (We keep our bread in the fridge.) And curiously enough it was a little tan on both sides, but I used it anyway. Then I realize....I'll be darned if this bread isn't TOASTED and stuffed back in the bread bag! When making toast, she toasted four slices, she made PB&J toast for Kevin and herself and stuffed the other two pieces of bread in the bread bag. LOL We had a toaster education and I'm sure I will not be eating refrigerated toast again...blech!

**On an up note...Grace's dad had his hearing on Friday, although he is ordered for major counseling and drug testing. He will have supervised visitation with Ethan, and he'll be living with his mother during this 5 - 6 week period of time, but he has temporarily lost custody of Ethan altogether. Grace was not involved at all in this situation or mentioned in the hearing, but as a guideline, I told him Wednesday night visitations are now out. It is a small victory for me, because I've been arguing with him about it since she started her gifted and talented class this year.

**Easter gifts and such....if by chance you purchase the children candy for easter...please read all labels even chocolate! NO RED DYE #40 at all. Some white chocolates may also have traces, and there is also a natural product called carmine that they use to color things. Caramel Color is a listed ingrediant (there is also red dye #40 in it. I've found that we are going to restrict BOTH children from consumption. Eczema in children is sometimes an allergic reaction to the dye's consumption, although she's had it since she was a baby, some times it's worse than others and aggrivates her to the point she scratches until she bleeds.

**Kevin is now approved through the superintendent to start Kindergarten at Mayflower this coming fall, and I've got to finish the paperwork to send it to the school. :0) I'm excited about that. It's a small victory in his education. When we had met with Mrs. Fitzgerald , Principal, and Ms. Higgins, Assistant Principal...they said he's more than qualified, he's got to learn to tie his shoes, learn our address and our phone number and he is set to go! For this reason and the incident with the Orange Fanta Pop that Denise sent him home with on Sunday we have scheduled shot updates, and physical along with allergy referral to get him tested for sure about the red dye #40, so we have legal backing as far as she is concerned. Although it's obvious he has issues with this...some people are not paying attention to it, and it's highly inconvenient for his sanity and learning.

Grace has also had an incident last Friday at Gma Phillis's...where she ate WAYYYY TOOO MANY Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs, and needless to say she ate until she had gotten sick. So the mention of chocolate and marshmallow anything, along with Marshmallow now turns her green. LOL...It's funny that I threaten that Peter Cottontail will leave her another dozen carton in her basket...I know I'm a mean mommy...but it cracks us up to see her face.

Too many times I've had the discussion of her having to stop and not gorge herself, this is one of those times, and hopefully she's learned a lesson from it. :0)

**Grace's major case of the ick is doing fine. She woke up with a temp 102.3 on Tuesday and I took her to the doctor. A round of anti biotics and an anti-inflammatory for her trachea...to help with all the bronchial type aggrivation and lots of mucinex and she's doing well. No more fever. David and I also seem to be coming out of our ick too, which is awesome! :0)

**I've managed to get some of my bedroom painted yesterday, although today will be a busy day and we have parent teacher conferences, half day, and we will be volunteering at the school in the evening, I will not be able to work on it again until tomorrow...I'm excited to get it done.

I hope life is finding everyone well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!