Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another day in motherhood....

Well the days have been below freezing in fact in the negatives here in Indiana for the past few days. Grace has not had school Thursday or Friday, and now she will not have school on Monday due to the holiday. So we are stuck here, at home.....driving mom crazy.





Why does it seem when it is a school day you practically have to drag the kids from their beds in their pajamas just to get ready? Yet on the days they can stay asleep they are up at 5 a.m. knocking on your door asking to watch cartoons even though they were asleep by 10 p.m.? Grrr...sometimes it's frustrating.


So far this year we have spent a lot of time at home. We plan on taking the kids to a movie tonight, and we are looking forward to that.


I did get to make a baby boy baby shower cake for my girlfriend Tera's co-worker. I even received a thank you card from the woman I made the cake for, praising me on the time spent and how delicious it was. :0) I hope that eventually it catches on, that I do these on the side and I may be able to sell them to the locals. I've been making tons for free, but in economic times, I can't afford to do that anymore. :0( I spent the thursday before last making the cake and then that evening hand painting the cake. :0) It was loads of fun.



My sister's birthday is coming up and I plan on making her a cake. I skipped making my dad a cake this year, because I felt that it was just way toooo much sweet stuff that we consumed this christmas, but apparently that was the wrong thing to do because my mom made him one anyway. :0( So now I feel bad. There was drama over his cake last year, since I had made one, and then my brother had bought one upon my mother's request. So everyone thought I was still bent about that. On the contrary I had forgotten the snafu....my life has been pretty hectic up until New Year's. Sorry Dad, I love you anyway, just cuz I didn't make you a cake doesn't mean I don't love you any less. But my sister will be getting one. I just haven't decided what kind yet. My girlfriend Heather is also having a bday next Saturday, but we'll be taking it to her work, because well....she has a family and usually has plans, and well I have plans to go to dinner with my family next Saturday for my sis's bday.


Kevin is going through another growth spurt, and that seems to be very fun....I may be a little sarcastic here. Every five minutes, "Mom, I'm hungry, I'm starving." After he's just eaten a full meal....and the other night, he added to it by getting up at midnight to eat something...apparently an overripe banana that I was saving for banana nut bread....but accomplished eating only half and passing out on the couch.... LOL Poor little guy. But the growth spurt has also added some attitude swings that are much for me. And no matter how many times you remind him not to poke anyone with his swords (he had received for xmas) or how he is not supposed to run in the house, he still manages to forget. But he has cabin fever and what do you expect, they can't go outside to play. It's too cold, they'll manage to freeze in 5 minutes or less.

As with all January's after the rush of the holiday season, you always end up having a little let down and then wham the January blues hit you in the face. That's where I am right now.
I have been focusing on writing a book, thanks to Tera and Myles for the inspiration for this...maybe someday soon I'll post some excerpts....Looking forward to the responses I get from it.
Hope life finds you all well. I send love to you all, and I promise blogging will begin to become a regular thing again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see part of that book by the end of this week. Sent directly to me. I'm not kidding. I'm FORCING you to do this and finish it, and you know me, I'll make sure it's published for you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!