Saturday, January 31, 2009

Allergies!!!

Can you believe that Chiquita has been with us since September and she has this allergic reaction today?!? We have no idea what she got into, or whatever it was...but Kevin stated tonite to his Dad..."she looked like a scary monster, daddy." Poor little thing.

Naturally I was in the middle of making a cake for a retirement party tonight.
So I freaked I would have to take a trip to the vet. Instead I opted for a benedryl wrapped in cheese and gave her the pill, she took it no problem. Then her and I laid in bed for 1/2 hour to make sure that she did not get actively any worse and that she kept the pill down. Within three hours she was somewhat normal...her snout was still puffy when we left to go to the party to deliver the cake. By the time we got home was the final picture. Back to her normal little wirey self. :0) Happy as a pea.

Still I'm racking my brain, because this little vacuum cleaner will eat ANYTHING...when I noticed it, she was chewing on my apron strings which I had tied with latex gloves on my hands....Possibly latex? or the powder on the inside of the gloves? That may have had residue left on the strings...
I had sat down on the couch for a moment to do something for kevin, and she untied my apron, then I turned around to see a red waterey bug eyed chihuahua on my couch, with a really big nose. :0(

The Retirement party went well...when we arrived with the cake...they were praying, NO ONE knew we had arrived and when they lifted their heads SUPRISE LEE had a cake sitting in front of him, it was PRICELESS!!!!! Couldn't have worked out more perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!