Friday, October 17, 2008

Life

So it's a few days away from being a month long bathroom remodel, and I have walls. I have been working feverishly to finish mudding the drywall. It has been just a really busy few weeks and the bathroom has went by the wayside, but as you can see by Tera's wedding blog. It was well worth all of it.

We are laying the basecoat of paint down as different sections of the drywall mud drys and we have a ceiling, and it's all painted except for one corner! Mind you if I post pictures of the bathroom, the color is not what it is going to be but it was spare paint we have a lot of and it works out nicely as a base paint. :0)

I'm excited to get the finals done and there are lots of suprises in store. And to see it coming together David and I are getting really excited. The past few days have been slow in progress also, since Grace has had a half day of school, and that has thrown me into yet another loop.

Half days due to parent teacher conferences! My gifted and talented child has made it into the AB honor roll after her first two week scare of trying to lie and turn in her homework not done, which received her an F in all her subjects except math. :0(

When they do work in this class, it incorporates almost every subject, so she has to be careful about slacking and focus much more. It's hard to recover from an F, and her social studies and science class grade was sitting at C's for a while there. :0( But she got it, and I couldn't be prouder of her!

I have had a busy schedule this week with helping take care of Tera and Myles's "kids" (The cats Nikon and Piper). But I've managed to get stuff done. I just can't wait until I can reorganize my bathroom and my life again. The house is a shambles and there is drywall dust EVERYWHERE. Ho hum...drives me nuts but we are going to get it done.

David and I make a fantastic team when it comes to getting things done. And as you can tell emails and blogs have come few and far between, I haven't had much time to log on and do a lot of stuff. But in most cases I have managed to fill people's emails with forwards when I can!

Wish us luck on the bathroom. We are headed to Indy tomorrow afternoon to spend Saturday with Nikki. To celebrate another year getting older, and how much wiser, and beautiful she is getting. ( Although she denies it ) Beauty comes with age. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!