Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trouble in the heartland....

Well with all the drama of my lovely computer and password and account changes, I was in grave fear I had lost my blog forever. Seriously...I thought it was gone.

I can still do my random photos and mini posts from my phone but nothing more. And I was sad to find that on my blog that the only thing that posted from my phone was the abbreviated version of a literal Paragraph of my outlined drama on Wednesday.

I had those cub scout cakes to do and it started out with a flat tire, which left me in town until 10:00 a.m. so I decided to stop and get an extra cake pan, and sit at Honda for an hour and a half to eat lunch with David. :0) But it was well worth it, Kevin really wanted to eat with Daddy, so I told him if he was quiet and watched his DVD we'd stay in town so we could.

Our visits to town and staying in town have become less....I really miss my hubby during the day, but it's better that I let the 4 yr old get into mischief at home...after all he won't be home for much longer during the day. "I hope" I say this with mixed feelings. I want him to attend school with his age group, but he doesn't make the deadline so he'll have to test into it. I strive for him to start with children of his own age...otherwise he'll be six before he starts kindergarten. And that places him at almost 19 by the time he graduates high school. Unfortunately this is no good for him. Boys usually want out of school earlier when they are older.

I was saddened to discover a few things this past weekend. A friend of mine that I worked with lost a wife suddenly in a car accident. He was also with her. It hit me hard although I was not VERY close with them, but at David's company Christmas party we sat with them while we dined. I was also in attendance when he showed off his purchase of engagement ring for her in 2006. She was an educated young woman you had a bachelor's in Psychology and worked with Child Protection Services here in Lafayette. It tears me up when I think about how young, and how suprisingly it happened. A northbound 18 yr old girl lost control, hit a U-haul that in turn crossed the median, hit her in the southbound lane, and put their car into a semi's path.

It makes me realize many things...one it doesn't matter where you are, you be cautious of other drivers and road conditions....no matter what road, you are not immune to on coming traffic, two life is so short and yet so sweet, don't forget to tell everyone you love them at any given moment, they may not be there to say goodbye, and three have I told everyone that I love them lately? If I haven't, I"m doing it now!

I worked really hard last week to make up for lost time, the picture of the cub scout cakes was the last order I had, and with the delay on Wednesday it seemed I would never catch up, in fact my drama had reached an all time high Friday afternoon. My kitchen aid locked up....which I had to replace. I am torn between sad and happy because I knew full well a year ago it was going to come down to this. I have been struggling with some kind of sinus infection/illness for the past week or so, and that really was bringing me to the point of tears in the evenings last week and I could not think, so this really had me on the short end of the stick.

It all worked out...with the exception I had to bail and not see my best friend all weekend. Saturday we attended a family outing with my parents and sister, brother-in-law, and my brother. I have to say it was fun...I guess. I got to play Bingo for the first time in my life...we went to Indianapolis to PF Chang's which has delightful food...but when you go to a Chinese restaurant, do not expect Bob Evans or homestyle made by mom Chicken Noodle Soup when you order it. LOL That's what Grace did, and the look of horror when I lifted the plate off the top to reveal, floating mushroom people on top of the soup, it was tears abound.

David and I had decided ordering some "normal" chinese selections to share with our lovely daughter was a good idea, and I'll be darned if we weren't right. :0) So we had her covered, it was getting her convinced that it wasn't that big of a deal...the food will be fine if she eats ours.

The Bingo experience was new....good ol' bro didn't inform the BINGO Virgins that it would be a 4 hr set, and sent my Dad to his place with Grace to be tortured by kids DVD's for the next 4 hrs. And us...we attended Ghetto Bingo...it was in a run down store that had closed up, and not the cleanest place in town, and by the occupants of the place, you could tell it was a no go for the restrooms...and they SERVED FOOD THERE!!!! All of which we did not eat, we had a coke...because it came with your bingo cards....but we were losers abound, but for my mother it was fun! And it was her birthday and that's all that mattered. I managed to make her a coconut cream cake...ultimately delicious refrigerator cake, I have mastered the perfect recipe...but when I piped out the bingo card on top...it was obvious when we got back to eat it, that I had no idea where the numbers were supposed to be on the the card...LOL...so naturally she had to give me a little verbal smacking around about that one...jokingly.

Sunday I spent most of the day recovering and sick, and Monday was a recovery day, and I think last night was too...because I fell asleep early and don't remember how when or who I was when I woke up this morning, all I knew I was 20 minutes behind schedule and so was everyone else in the house. Mom has kind of slacked on her duties because her head has been all stuffed up...there seems no place for brain matter, just mucus.

Well off to work I go, Kevin is watching his favorite shows on the PBS station, and I am going to quickly prepare his lunch, so I can prepare of reorganization of my kitchen once again, I do this often because it just needs it. :0)

OH and PS....last Tuesday Hubby and I started P90X...although we've only worked out three days of it, we've been on the diet, David has lost approximately 10 lbs so far and I'm down 5 lbs....we will begin our workouts again tonight if possible. With all the other things we do, I don't know how we manage any time for anything...but last night it was testing for his work, so we completed that, it was priority. Jobs are important in these economic hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!