Monday, December 8, 2008

Rover Saves Christmas...

Well the exciting post from last week (not really but okay)....I have survived another week.
As you have seen, we have traded in the Suzuki and purchased an 07 Honda Pilot. LOVE IT! The goal for the week is to prepare for the Saturday's Cookie Party and David's Company Party. I am excited. Once again I will only blog once or twice this week I believe, but who knows I may find time. LOL

Grace's birthday party was a lot of fun. We went bowling, and most of us showed up. I invited her dad and part of his family, but they had to go to Ohio to visit Grace's great grandmother who is failing in health. I want to say 6 kids bowling and 8 adults bowling and I was greatful that Carrie was there to help with the kids. She was managing when I couldn't and her poor girls were real troopers although Kaitlyn was tired and cranky and Emmie was moody. It was a great time, and we would likely do it again just for fun. Thanks to all who showed up and shared that special day with Grace, it's been the best birthday she has had yet!

Okay so the title of my blog.....It's a children's book, authored by Roddy Doyle...
It was left by one of David's Ex's kids I think...but I picked it up to read it...because it was a kids book about Christmas right? So I'm reading it to kevin, just the first chapter and it started itself over three times, claiming about Christmas in Dublin and cacti and two lizards who met and changed their name with the weather....at the end of the first chapter....this is an excerpt...

"Hans chewed and smiled at Heidi. Heidi chewed and smiled at Hans. They were full of fly and falling in love. But this story isn't about Hans and Heidi, although they're in it. And it definitely isn't about the fly. (He was tumbling down into Heidi's tumy, humming a sad song called "Torn between Two Lizards.") The story is about Robbie and Jimmy and a dog and some other people and what they did on Christmas Eve. It starts on the next page, Chapter Two. And that means that you just wasted your time reading Chapter One. Sorry."

Yeah and reading into Chapter Two with Kevin I stopped reading allowed, cuz it got more messed up and confusing yet funny...something about supergluing Granda's teeth to the top of his car then using his can opener to retrieve them from the car. LOL Really nuts....and then their teacher from Ireland named "Eejit" which means "idiot" but...that's another messed up story as how he got the name to begin with...Yeah I'm gonna read it...just really I had to blog, because it's messed up...for a kids story. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!