Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Events!

There's been so much going on that I have not had time to blog! Christmas is in full swing for our household. This weekend was sooo much fun, and I wish I had even more people come to the cookie party, but it was a blast either way.

My cookie parties are a little different from most. I do all of the specialty cookies, several dozens and different kinds along with candies and little extras. This year was even more special because David helped ALOT and so did Grace. I made doughs and David rolled and cut them and helped bake while I produced yet more items during the process. I can't tell you how many dozen or all the types, but it was really awesome. The shaped cookies we saved for the girls to get there to help decorate. When the girls arrive it's time to eat, chat, relax and decorate then pack up their boxes to head home to give to their own loved ones. Whatever is left over, or if I have to supplement and bake some more go to David's work for everyone. (In fact, it was asked just last week why I hadn't brought Halloween cookies as I did the year before and when the Christmas cookies were coming? LOL) So it worked out nicely. We accomplished getting all cookies decorated and by 4:00 we were headed out to watch a movie. Some came and others decided it was time to go home. But the one's who attended got to see 4 Christmases with us... A great movie by the way, it makes our families look tame in comparison.

After the movie David and I ran home to change and attend his company Christmas party. It is enjoyable to go to this. And waiting on Mr. Rohrman always seems to be what we do. It's really funny after all these years he knows the party starts at 7, yet he doesn't get there until 9 or 9:30 every year. :0( Then we can eat. So if you haven't eaten all day, it doesn't fly with your stomach's schedule, but there are hor' duerves and lots of free beer, so you are full of carbs by the time you get to the main course.

I've had my christmas tree up before thanksgiving and my house has been decked out for the holidays and I'm just so excited. My christmas presents have been huge and expensive this year, a Honda Pilot, a new bathroom, and a new television for the family...so I'm not asking for anything and David isn't either. That's more than enough, although most were necessity, it's just the simple fact that it was way more than anyone could ask for in a year, and I'm okay that we will not be doing anything else for ourselves this christmas. The kids will get the benefit of that.
:0)

I've had so much fun so far, and I am due to make two cakes for this week, along with some more cookies, and whatever Mrs. Harshbarger has decided for Grace's school party this friday (which I have not received notice for). This is my favorite time of year...although it isn't for my waistline. :0) We have so much more to do. Looking forward to every minute of it.

I get to visit my friend Ingrid whom I haven't seen since highschool. She is an extrodinary individual and she was so kind to remember me after all these years and look me up on myspace. So I will be making a visit to her to deliver cookies, and see Heather who is coming in from Florida for the holidays. I'm so excited! Heather used to work with David and I at Honda. Ingrid and Heather both will be located in Crawfordsville, so it will be a day trip that I can make all at once, and enjoy yet some time with people I don't get to see often.

Kevin has picked up on how to "play" people, from crocidile tears, to batting his beautiful blues, and puckering up when he is pouting. That and he's figured out how to antagonize his sister now that we've warned her multiple times if she continued with that behavior he'd pick it up and dish it out ten fold. LOL The other night driving home she was saying something to him, and he said, "I didn't hear you all I hear is blah blah blah." LOLOLOL David and I laughed for five minutes over that one! He also went to lunch with us yesterday and at Wendy's when he figured out he didn't get that toy he wanted in his kid's meal he puckered up lip quivering forming tears in his eyes and David and I both looked at him and laughed and I told him, "Kevin give it a break we know your faking." lo and behold...he STOPPED INSTANTLY and giggled.

I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas Day. The best part of it all....is that we had to sneak presents to my folks house, because one of his toys WOULDN'T shut up in the car. LOL...so they'll have a few extra to open at Grandma Marie's. :0)

Hope the holidays are finding you all healthy and well. Wishing you lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. You should make them thicker. There is something so awesome about a thick chocolate chip cookie, or a thick-soft sugar cookie with icing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here!