Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"There's a spider on your shoulder!!!!"

"Happy Fool's Day!" Kevin exclaims to each and every person that he came across today. Yes it has been an exciting morning for sure. Grace introduced Kevin to April Fool's Day this morning and that's what lead to the predicament this morning. He even fooled a few girls who had forgotten what day it was.

Saturday of course David had to work, so the kids and I worked at home. I had the urge to cook my FIRST PRIME RIB...and low and behold there was a possibility of a full house by noon. ;0) I had a few friends Nate and Carmen who may come, then I got a call from my best friend Tera...Myles (her husband) had passed his real estate state exam! So Tera and Myles came for dinner, unfortunately Nate and Carmen got called to attend a family dinner with his father. Myles proclaimed the Prime Rib was " of restaurant quality!". I was pretty proud. I had made homemade rolls, baked potatos, salads, prime rib, and a homemade pumpkin pie. David contributed with his special strawberry margaritas...and we literally were stuffed by the end of the evening. We played a few games of mexican train dominoes...before poor myles who had been up at the wee hours of the morning had to call it a night. It was a great time, and look forward to doing yet another prime rib. ;0) Yummy!!!

Although the events of the weekend have come and gone, we spent a lot of time at home just puttering around the house and relaxing, it's not often that we get to do that.


The kids and I have started their progress charts! They get check marks for all chores accomplished. Kevin is making his bed, keeping his toys picked up (which is a little more left to be desired but he is still 4), Helping Mommy (which he LOVES to do especially in the kitchen), Eating Quietly (which he is doing outstandingly), Brushing his teeth, and Going to bed by 8:30. Grace's consist of, Sweeping Floors, Feeding and Watering the cat and scooping her litter, Doing her homework and practice within an hour, Keeping her room picked up, Making her bed, and Bedtime by 9:30....although there are areas for improvement they get 14 cks it's ice cream, at 28 check marks they get another reward (but I've forgotten what LOL) and when it triples with checks they get a trip to the park or the zoo. :0) For starting out for four days so far, they are doing amazingly well, and we hope to keep it going! I am proud of my kids buckling down and working hard for their check marks!

I have to head off to get Grace and drop off Kevin's kindergarten paperwork...so off I go!!! I will post more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!